Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Just the beginning

Halloween is in full force around our house. We have been enjoying trips to multiple pumpkin patches, making Halloween cookies and treats and now this week we bring on the parties! Sometimes church is good for being spiritually uplifted other times we may need to plan FHE Halloween style! A group of us girls decided it would be nice to have a FHE party together and we all chipped in to have a fun and spooky time.

Trevor ready for some serious apply bobbing which he never tried when it was time to do it!
Aren't these two darling? When Shane saw Gabe in his pirate shirt he went straight upstairs to put his shirt on too. Each season these boys end up having the same clothes. I guess us moms have the same taste and shop at the same stores! Anyone buy some sweaters at Target yet? Last year about 5 boys had the same sweater from Target at church. We'll see if I bought the popular one again this year!

I saw putting black flowers in a vase in a magazine one time and I actually did it this year!

Once we had a yummy dinner the kids were ready to bob for apples. Shane was ever persistent.

Ethan got the first apple then Ella. Poor Shane isn't going to give up!

This is what Trevor thought about the apple bobbing! He thought those kids were crazy with the water in their faces!


Ever so wet and starting to get frustrated with NO apple, but he kept on trying.

Finally, the determination paid off! Shane got an apple and I'm sure it tasted like the best apple he has had in his entire life!

Now we were on to making spooky houses. Here are the 2 crazy boys making spooky faces!



I'm not sure where most of the candy and frosting went, onto the house or in their mouths! I didn't get a picture of the finished product but it was great!

Here is Norah proud of her spooky house! Can we say her mom is an over achiever?! No really, it was so cute! Ethan and Casey made a mansion with multi-levels, ghosts coming out of window, a pumpkin graveyard, and much more. I however, didn't get a picture of the finished product.



It was a super fun night and such an easy party since we all chipped in! The kids were great but I'm thinking Christmas might have to be an adult party with more couples and less kids! This is the first of many parties this week. We are going every other day with a party or 2 each day. I still need to finish up Shane's costume for the big day and take some pictures! I hope you are having a spooky week too.

7 comments:

Pike's Place said...

You guys are way too fun! That FHE get together was a great idea.

j- said...

Can I come live by you- and be your friend? How totally fun!! Great pics too!!

Monson Family said...

How fun! I LOVE Shane's determination! I just want to give him a hug when he is frustrated though! I am so proud of him for sticking with it till he got one!! Good Job Shane! Trevor is too cute to not even want to get his face in...but I noticed his sleeves are wet!:) I am glad you had so much fun! Wish we could be there!

Donna said...

Fun! I'm glad Shane's determination paid off for him! Love the black flowers.

Cassi Moise-Shaw said...

I love the boys matching skull shirts. Very cute! Also the black flowers in the vase, turned out amazing. I might have to steal that idea for my Halloween Party this coming Saturday!

Looks like you guys had a great time. I love halloween!

Cyndi said...

That looks like a GREAT FHE. We just did a similar party for the YM/YW last night at mutual...they made spooky houses too and had dinner and carved pumpkins. I LOVE the pictures of Shane bobbing for apples and Trevor's silly FACE! so cute!

Dasdel said...

You have the funnest group of friends! I love all the festive things you do. You're kids have no idea how wonderful their childhood is compared to the average. Enjoy these years they go fast. I asked Jake if he wanted to get pumpkins to carve and he said no too messy and laughed at me. Whatever! I like the black flowers in the vase of candycorns