Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Bye, bye, diapers!

The dark and dreary days of changing diapers are now GONE! This is Mr. Trevor sporting his very last diaper EVER and I mean that!
We moved on to brighter happier things like big boy underwear! Whoohooo!


On Friday while Shane was in pre-school Trevor and I went to Target to get all the goods to start potty training. He was excited to pick out underwear and even insisted on getting some for Shane. We found a fun potty seat (which he will not use), flushable wipes, yummy chocolates, and poppers for an added bonus after each trip to the bathroom. We were all set for Trevor's new adventure of potty training! Saturday I used up the very last diaper and don't laugh but I almost teared up thinking about how big my baby is getting. The next morning we started and boy was it a fight! I knew he had to go to the bathroom but he insisted he didn't. He screamed and cried then went to go find a diaper to put on so he could pee! After 2 times of this and 2 accidents he finally believed me that there were no more diapers left in the house. Trevor has always know what he wants and this was no different. He is an extremely determined little boy. He was ready and he did it! Now this boy drinks more then any person I have ever seen which means he has to pee about 15 times a day and with a lot of pee each time too. It ended up being a good thing because every so often he had to go pee and loved having a "party" when he was done. He loves the poppers and all the attention he gets from going potty. As he pees he sways back and forth and makes the pee dance around, it's pretty funny! He loved the candy and after awhile even shared with Shane.
As you can see Trevor filled up his chart fast and now likes to go admire his accomplishments! He pretends to read it and then counts all the stickers... 1, 2, 3, 4, 9, 10! We have going potty down so I guess we better work on counting now!


It has been 3 days and no accidents. Well, no pee accidents. The other "stuff" will come in time. We went to dinner last night and me not thinking didn't grab anything for him and I was nervous, but he did fine. He told me each time he needed to go and I took him even though it was 4 times in an hour!

So here I am. A mommy with no diapers and happy as can be. Good thing because at Sam's Club I noticed diapers were $40 a case! Shane informed me that "back in the olden days he use to wear diapers." Yes, way back when let's say about 2 years ago Shane wore diapers and when he was born they were only $20 a case! YIKES! Good bye diapers we won't be missing you!

11 comments:

craftyashley said...

I'm insanely jealous!

KB said...

What a kid! I am so proud of that little boy. It is quite an accomplishment, for mom and son! It is kind of sad when they pass these milestones- they gorw so fast! Goo thing we can remember "the olden days!"

TAMMY ELIZABETH said...

Good job, Trevor! Its so nice not to have to change diapers.

Gramma Stewie said...

You are now in 'uncharted territory' as a Mom...something you have not experienced in say 4 1/2 years....NO DAILY DIAPER CHANGING! Goodness, what are you going to do with all your newfound 'time'? I wonder how many hours a Mom spends changing a child's diapers in those first few years of life? GREAT JOB, TREVOR!!(and Mom) The swaying back and forth could be 'dangerous'! (for your walls anyway)

Pike's Place said...

What a milestone! I'm sort of working on Alyssa at the moment (at her insistence), and I still can't believe I might be out of the diaper business soon, too. What's with this insane, exponential growth of our kids?

Monson Family said...

Yeah Trevor!!! Yeah Tricia!!! I am glad you have it so easy! With BOTH boys!! Maybe it's a gene you passed on to them because Mom always said you just did it on your own! UGH!! Unfortunately I was in diapers for EVER! So I guess I didn't get that gene, and neither will my children. Lucy is doing okay. I am just "pooped!" Literally!

Erica and Curtis said...

I AM SOO Jealous! maybe it is poppers i need to get chase to advance! He is a nightmare and yes, still in diapers. We are working on it. Good job Trevor and his awesome mom :)

Donna said...

Great job, Trevor! Trevor needs to have a little chat with Jace about the benefits of wearing underwear!

Oh, and Tricia, you're only saying good-bye for now since you'll have to start buying those things again when you have another baby! :)

Cyndi said...

HOORAY! That is so exciting! glad he is doing so well...and lucky for your he caught on so QUICKLY!

Moose and Family said...

Yeah for Trevor!! Is his underwear on backwards in that picture? LOL I grew up with 3 brothers and have yet to teach Logan how to pee standing up. He sits like a girl but it keeps things clean. We even had a breakthrough on our #2's today. He actually told me that he needed to go BEFORE he did his business in his underwear. So we had a celebration after a successful milestone. With that being said, I think I can say that LOGAN IS POTTY TRAINED!!! :)

Tiffany said...

Hi,
My name is Tiffany Mohler and I came across your blog from a friends to another friend and so on and ended up on yours. I was very interested in the Brite Blue Foundation and saw that you were collecting school item for your husband to take with him to Guatemala. Our family would love to donate some items and so I was wondering when you would need them by. Please e-mail me at mohler8948@aol.com
Thank-you so much.