Once we are clean and ready for bed Shane goes to his couch to sleep (he still sleeps on the couch and not his bed) and Trevor into his room.
Tonight as I sang Trevor some songs to go to sleep after each song he had a request. He like Twinkle, Twinkle and then I went to sing Love One Another and he said, "I no like Another I want Yo Gabba Gabba!" Sorry Trevor, I try not to remember that song as it will be in my head all night! I sing I am a Child of God and he is happy. He then requests Mickey Mouse! I once again sing him Mickey and then he is off to sleep!
He is one silly little boy and his requests did make me laugh. I thought the new song did the trick but I just heard him scream, "I don't want to go to bed... MOM!"
**Notice the time I posted in the title? That is correct my boys go to be early again! Trevor skips his naps most of the time and is so tired by 6:30 so I take total advantage and put them to bed early now!

4 comments:
I LOVE early bedtime! It's the best... it makes no naps worth it.
Some of those requests sound oh so familiar!
Bedtime routines can be so funny -- Jayce has many odd requests around that time. What cute boys you have! And with their early bedtimes, definitely take advantage of the quiet house.
I wish Emma did early bed time. We have the HARDEST time getting her to bed. Her bed time is 8:30, and I think she probably lays there awake for a good 2 hours. I can hear her in there talking to herself or the dog.
There is an upside to it though. My child can sleep till 11am. Which gives me weekend mornings to myself.
Your little boys are adorable. I am glad I found you guys! I have always wondered how you were, and what you guys were up to. You were greatly missed. :-)
I love Shane's feet sticking out of the tub....and Trevor sitting so modestly for his bathtub photo shoot. Cute boys! And great to have some evening time again, isn't it? You have now entered "the shift" that will be forever more (as long as you have kids at home)....summer schedule for bedtime and school year schedule for bedtime. (Little secret: this is why Mom's love back to school time...you get some evening time to yourself again) Both schedules are fun, but by the end of summer, "school schedule/for bedtime" is looking mighty good! Welcome to that reality, honey!
Post a Comment