Thursday, October 2, 2008

signs of fall

Today I spent most of my day cleaning but when Karin stopped by I'm sure my house didn't show one sign of being cleaned all day. Just a messy living room and a stinky unshowered hot mom (not in the term of she's hot but SWEATY hot-YUCK!). I was doing the deep cleaning of windows, dusting, moping, cleaning blinds, the fridge, cupboards, etc. THEN I would pick up the messes Mr. Trevor and Shane made as I worked away.

After cleaning all morning and most of the afternoon we needed a break and I needed to mail off that Gap bill that seems to sneak into my mailbox each month and get diapers that I am promising will be my last pack and it's a small pack! As we were going about our day I realized it is now the second day of October and no signs of fall. It's still too hot, we eat Popsicles non stop, wear shorts and flip flops when I realized there is really no Fall in Vegas. There is just summer heat and then cold winter. However we have signs of Fall but they are different from what the typical person might think!

***The worst picture taken EVER but it captured the moment and it may be a good thing the quality is low so you don't totally notice the chewed up popcorn in Trevor's mouth!

We are walking into Target and Trevor let's out the biggest scared SCREAM! I look around to see what has scared the poor boy and it's the new Halloween display at Target. Spooky I know! A sign of fall: decorations in the store which means we have to walk by each "scary part" in every store we go to on our shopping adventures. This is a tradition we have done since Shane was little and I of course do the sound effects so people may think I'm crazy during this time too!


Candy is everywhere and the boys are constantly asking for some! I don't know why I took a picture of these candies because they aren't even the good ones!


Another Fall sign: donuts with Halloween SPRINKLES! Daddy was working late and the boys talked me into donuts. Hey, I didn't have to cook dinner. Aren't donuts good enough for dinner since they are for breakfast? We just had breakfast for dinner!

I think Trevor looks so darling with his hand up in the background.

This is probably the second worst picture but Trevor doesn't hold still. Fall baking will soon begin and more Halloween sprinkles on everything we can think of. I'm going to make my Grandma Beebe's popcorn balls soon and we'll watch our Halloween movies too.


I know these are sad signs of Fall but that is all we get in Vegas. Oh, and the boys now sport Fall-ish hats too! Happy Fall.

6 comments:

Gramma Stewie said...

Signs of Fall???? I like that donuts with orange & brown & black sprinkles are one of the tale-tell signs that Fall has arrived. Hey, they have eggs and flour in them don't they? And yes, when you don't really live where there are many weather clue signs of Fall...whatchgoinado? Makes sense to me! Leave it to you to observe another sign of Fall, INSIDE Target: Halloween Candy! Trish, you make me smile!

Pike's Place said...

Your blog always stirs up fun imagery for me. I'll take any sign of fall I can get -- I'm desperate! By the way, I had a dream last night that you, another friend, and I went to a BYU football game up in Logan, UT, on our way to Disneyland. Random! :)

j- said...

I love your signs of fall- and they are tried and true for sure! Halloween costumes and decorations in stores is a sure bet that is really hetting a little cooler! I have to admit one of my favorit ethings about Utah is Fall and Spring! Right now it is definitley Fall!!!

KB said...

I walked out to put the trash can out this morning and it was cool and breezy... I thought, fall is here. Pathetic that we still have a high in the 80's and the closest thing to autum colors is dried up brown! :-) Thanks for allowing me to recognize some of the "Vegas" signs of fall!

Monson Family said...

Okay, we had THE SAME DAY!!! Well except for the small fact that "I" wasn't cleaning my house, but Lina was...sorry! But we NEVER get donuts and we stopped at Krispie Kream for donuts and we had to get the halloween sprinkle ones and they had jack-o-lantern ones too! We didn't buy diapers today, but every time I do I say that it is the last pack too!! To funny!!! I am just too lazy!

Monson Family said...

Oh, and what that crap is that brown monster thing they have at Target!?! I could not figure it out! It looks like a brown paper bag with fangs! Thy even had stuffed animal things of it! I don't get it! Maybe I am missing something!?!